Art Marketing Secret’s goal and purpose is to deliver high quality articles and art marketing advice to our wonderful readers. In fulfilling that vision we welcome your help in the form of your articles and ideas!
Are you an existing or aspiring arts or art-business writer? If so, we are extending an invitation to you to submit guest articles for publication on AMS.
Here is some information and guidelines for you:
First, it’s very important to us that you are very interested in the topics you write about. That really shows in the passion and content of the articles – and that is why people read our stuff
Second, it is really important that you are authentic about what you write. We are not interested in second-hand experience or topics that you don’t have any energy for – we want passion and substance! That doesn’t mean the article has to be earth shattering – it just means that you have to believe in or have a genuine curiosity about the topic.
Honestly – if you read a bunch of art articles you will probably be asleep in less than 10 minutes. So many of them are dry and uninteresting and really is that what art is supposed to be about?? Not in our art world!
As far as topics go we are fairly open but our primary categories are:
- Art Marketing
- Art Business
- Artist Websites
- Selling Art
- Social Networking For Artists
- Art and Design
- Featured Art
As an art marketing site we are not really looking for articles about technique or materials, although we are always open to discussion if there is a linkage to art business or art marketing.
Get the picture??
An article doesn’t have to be extremely long – 400 to 1000 words is just peachy! But it does need to have a beginning, middle, and ending – and a message.
A few other notes:
- We don’t make any guarantees that we will publish your article – depending on our article schedule we may also delay publication. If that is the case, please, please, please don’t take it personally!
- If we publish your article we will give you full credit as author and will also include an active link back to your website or blog.
- While it is not mandatory, we would also appreciate an active link from your blog or website back to ours.
- When you submit an article you give us express permission to edit, revise, or alter your article for any reason before or after publishing it on Art Marketing Secrets.
- You will need to certify to us (by checking a box) that you are the original author and that all content belongs to you or you have permission to use it. Any images must be your own or covered by a creative commons license. If not, you will need to have permission from the artist or owner to publish. (We have tremendous respect for the intellectual property of artists and writers!)
We are really looking forward to hearing what you have to say!